Monday, January 9, 2012

Kitchen Remodel Project



Country French Kitchen


Our kitchen remodel is a project that I am beginning to believe will never end. My husband and I covered the soffits with wood and put moldings around it to give the illusion that the cabinets went all the way to the ceiling. I painted and faux finished the wall cabinets to give an aged look. I still need to pick out cabinet doors, paint and faux finish them. Our galley kitchen has quite a bit of counter space which I tiled in granite tile and put bull nose tiles along the edges. The granite tile gave the look of granite countertops without the cost of a granite slab.


Country French
I really enjoyed studying Country French style and seeing how I could apply it to my little kitchen. I think the sum of its elements adds up to an elegant yet country style. To me that says a style that is pretty and very livable. 

I read that Country French is defined by its elegant look, with a touch of nature and country mixed in. Look at the French countryside for inspiration where you will see yellow sunshine over lavender fields. When you envision a rusty pail in that field, a worn plank swing hanging from a tree branch, and a whitewashed aged cupboard, where time and age have taken their toll; that will be my representation of Country French.

I always look at many pictures of the style I am interested in. I would love to say my design choices are based on some wonderful design scheme but for me that is just a very general idea.
french country kitchen decor4
This is so pretty—very neutral. Big kitchen!

Wow! There are lots of great ideas in this room. Notice the wood plank table top, big blue check seats on the chairs and the toile curtains. I think this might be the look I am going for. If nothing else, just to add a few of these elements.



Bright and cheerful!


I love the wood floor in this picture. It is so deep and rich. Of course, I love the wreath above the sink. It adds so much warmth to this kitchen.

I will be putting together a design board that pulls all my ideas and thoughts together.....


SO…STAY TUNED, THIS REDESIGN IS JUST BEGINNING :-0




































0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © Timeless Home Decor.
Au Naturelle Theme Theme created by WAHMaholic Blog Designs.